Friday, February 20, 2015

Q&AL in Prague (17.02.2015) - English Review


[Here you can find 76 HD photos from the concert.]

After the Vienna concert I was resigned and satisfied with the idea that I saw them live once (and for the first time ever and that’s it) until...one idea crossed my mind and in no time it was a fact. I had 2 tickets for Prague, one for me and one for my mother, who had just celebrated her birthday few days ago. So I thought this would be the most original and unexpectable present ever...and it was!

By the way, here you can find the review from the Austrian concert.

On Tuesday, after a long but funny trip, we finally got to Prague. I have to mention again the Hungarian group because we joined it and had great time together. Amazing people!

First thing to insist on: the czech guards! Soooo nice! This time I wasn’t bothered and interrupted by them during the concert because I wasn’t allowed to take pictures (even if they mentioned this on the tickets and also on the doors of the Arena). They didn’t care about any camera, so I am thankful to them. In your face, Austrian a$$holes!

This time I wasn’t in the front row...I wanted to capture (in all ways) the moments from the B stage, so I was standing few rows further than in Vienna. Because of my height I couldn’t see almost anything from the main stage, so the screens were my salvation haha

I saw a very happy GFG, he was in such a good mood! I know he is always smiling and makes people laugh, but this time he was even more lovely than usual. I was so relieved to see him in a much better health condition, but still he has to take good care of him. He enjoyed so much interacting with the audience, even if it wasn’t the most responsive. Where I was standing there were a lot of enthusiastic people and  they screamed a lot, especially for Adam. Also, I was surrounded by elder Queen fans who were more silent, but really appreciative to Adam when Brian asked about “the new man.”

Brian May was such a sweetheart! This man is so kind and humble!
He encouraged the audience to sing with him on “Love of my life” saying “Don’t be shy!” and right after came the selfie stick moment when he made us laugh so hard saying “I have a new instrument, ladies and gentlemen...it’s not exactly a musical instrument. [...] I love this! This is serious shit!

I enjoyed a lot “’39”, “Days Of Our Lives” and “A Kind of Magic” and I was really impressed by Roger’s vocals. He’s also such a nice person. And I loved “Under Presure”. I will say it again...both Roger and Brian have a special relationship with Adam. They really are a family. There’s confidence, love, care and fun. It’s simply wonderful to watch them. Such a perfect match!

Rufus will be a great drummer, that’s for sure.

I wanted to mention some highlights of the concert, but I would have to write about each moment of the night, so I will make a resume of the concert in general. 
It was such an honour to see this amazing band live, again. I am still overwhelmed and I’m wondering if this was only a dream.  I didn’t have the chance to see Queen live yet until this amazing tour. There are so many fans in the same situation and that’s why they are grateful to Adam. He gave this band the light and power to get back on stage and also gave their fans the opportunity to see them and enjoy this blessed experience.

Adam Lambert still can surprise me. I mean, I am perfectly aware of his qualities for a long time, but is it possible for him to get better and better? Oh, definitely yes! The vocals were astonishing and the faces he made were more than lovely and funny. This man knows how to entertain people and made everyone love him and respect him. And that’s something! I feel so proud! He’s been through so many struggles...I feel that he deserves this and more!
His evolution is amazing...I’m sure we’ll see it in his new album. Or even more in his next tour. He is a complete artist. And an impressive entertainer. And an extremely beautiful human being, inside and outside.
So I just want to thank him for sharing with us his soul... his beauty, joy, laughs and smiles all come from his inside.

Thank you Roger, Brian, Rufus, Spike and Neil for another unforgettable night and also thank you for making my mother’s birthday gift so special. After the concert she wrote something I want to share with you: 
For the people in my generation, Queen remains a symbol. It’s incredible the way they perform even now. You wouldn’t say that so many years have passed. Who is even more surprising is the one who makes the show go on, just like Freddie Mercury wished - the frontman Adam Lambert, who gives Queen life and glow, a charismatic person, full of talent, with an incredible voice. I totally recommend you to watch them, if possible. A live show is something that photographs or videos can’t offer.

R.Ș.

No comments:

Post a Comment