Monday, February 2, 2015

Q&AL in Vienna (01.02.2015) - English Review




[Here you can find 63 HD photos from the concert.]

First of all, I have to say that it was the first time ever seing Queen or Adam live on stage.

The conclusion? Both Queen and Adam Lambert get a lot of benefits from this collaboration. Queen sounds fresh and looks fresh. There are the new generations that discover their songs only now and there are the old fans getting the chance to enjoy again the beautiful music of the legendary band. Keeping alive their work even now, after more than 40 years is wonderful. Adam also gained huge popularity through this tour and I dare to say that he won a lot of supporters. It was finally the time for the world to discover him. Glamberts, do you know the feeling when you convert a totally die-hard Queen fan? Well, then you know what I mean. This is helpful for Adam’s future. He still needs to “grow” worldwide.

Getting now to the Vienna concert, all I can say is that it was an experience I will never forget. It sounds so cliché, but listening to such a powerful, playful, touching and simply unbelievable voice is not an everyday activity for me. Wish it could be!
Adam’s a beauty. Really! I had straight boys around me being impressed and charmed by Adam. He’s so slim! (I hope he finally gets it haha.) What a mover, I have to say! He improved a lot these last couple of years. What an attitude! His way of entertaining people is amazing. It is impossible not to have fun and feel great around him. Pure talent! And hotness!
Shaking his hand on “Radio Gaga” was Adamgasmic! I would have just stared into his hypnotic eyes! When he looks directly to you, you’re blocked. I had some eye contacts with him and he looked so deep into my eyes! It was shocking! Shivers!
He looked so happy! I don’t know (or care) what happened those last days, but I felt such a positive energy from his heart! It made me happy too, instantly.

About Roger and Brian I got to say I was impressed by their energy. They were so refreshing! I mean, I hope to be as active as they are at their age. They ran on the stage, played a lot, especially Adam & Brian. So cute!
Musically, they are legends for sure. So much passion! Brian May was amazing, although he was still sick. He had tears in his eyes during the whole moment of “Love of my life” and he appreciated several times the audience for their feedback. Beautiful!
Rufus - Daddy’s boy! What an energy he brought! Oh, genetics! He’s so shy and cute at the same time. So lovely!
Neil and Spike complete the champions team being not so in the spot like the others, but still amazing musicians. Full respect!

Highlights of the night:

  • ·              Save Me - the most heart-to-heart song, at least for me.

               *FunFact: Right next to me there was a couple of “100% Queen fans” that didn’t know which song was until Adam got to the chorus. They googled the setlist haha. And finally they were blown away by the moment. YAS!


·         AOBTD & FBG - obviously for the moves...I mean, catchy beats. Oh my...

·         Killer Queen - those faces! He’s hilarious. Couldn’t stop laughing. The speech after it was, as usual, the supreme proof of love, respect and admiration Adam has for Freddie. He was honest and the audience felt it.

·         Radio Gaga - I’m subjective, obviously, but I love the song’s message and even more touching Adam’s hand. Seriously, the audience is all in the chorus and the clapping was really memorable.

               *FunFact: Saturday night when I left home and took a taxi, I met a very curious driver who wanted to know where I was going. Finishing the words “To the Queen & Adam Lambert concert”, Radio Gaga started on the radio he was listening to. I was shocked. The driver also
haha. It was the sign!

·         WWTLF - Divine! Adam seems to communicate with the gods through those amazing breathtaking lasers and lights. And the guitar is fabulous!

·         In The Lap Of The Gods - not only because of the holy vocals, but the atmosphere is so special! Also love the lights and all the effects. Wow!

·         Sing-along - I love to see Adam’s satisfied face when he gets the audience totally involved and giving him the feedback required.

·         Bohemian Rhapsody - It touches my soul hearing him singing again the song that brought him here. I feel so proud!

·         WWRY/WATC - I love the atitude he had. That satisfaction on his face while singing “I've had my share of sand kicked in my face/But I've come through.


            Actually, each and every moment of the concert was special and unforgettable.
   
[    [EXCEPTION: I argued 4 times with the Austrian guards because they told me not to take pictures. They interrupted me while Somebody To Love, In The Lap of The Gods and Love of My Life. And everytime they saw me in action. Wow, what a crime I comitted! Big idiots!]
  
      Finally, I want to thank God (and Leila & Eber) for giving us such an amazing, multi-gifted,   beautiful and inspirational person!
         And infinite gratitude to Brian May & Roger Taylor for giving him a chance...The Chance!

                                              Thank God for this unique experience!

       PD: Special thanks to the Hungarian girls I met in Vienna, part of them known as “the luckiest girls alive” haha. I still envy you, but in a good way! Köszönöm szépen for being so cute, passionate, friendly and funny. You made me feel 16 again.
     Also grateful for all the people I met at the arena from Austria, Poland and so on. Such a multi-cultural night!
           Hope to see you again.

                                                                                R.Ș.

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFULLY said & true every word. Queen & Adam are perfect & good for each other. Queen 2014: Classic Rock Band of the Year, Tour of the Year, Best Song in a Commercial of the Year & Best Re-Release Album of the Year. Not bad for a band that's been rockin' for over 40 years! Queen; not forgotten, still rockin' & FULLY ALIVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Thank you for your comment! Greetings from Romania.

      Delete